On Saturday afternoon the 30th of January we held our first leadership training at Eben Ezer church in the community of Bergmann with leaders from various churches in our area.
It was a fruitful afternoon of worship, teaching and fellowship as we trust the Lord to strengthen and empower local churches for Kingdom advancement in our city and regions beyond.
The purpose of this leadership training was to set aside time for church leaders and potential leaders to get together, be envisioned and encouraged; to pray, worship and fellowship together.
It was a wonderful privilege to have our friends Motheo from Ficksburg and Nathan from JHB ministering and encouraging the pastors and leaders of the local churches.
Our desire is to help churches fulfill the great commission that Jesus gave to the Church in Matt.28:18-20, to disciple the nations of the world and we do this in a few ways:
- Reach unbelievers with the good news of Jesus,
- Disciple new believers,
- Develop and mobilize the priesthood of all believers,
- Recognize, raise and release leaders into their full potential and maturity in God,
- Develop strong and healthy eldership governed and Holy Spirit led eldership teams
- Establish base churches from where new testament churches can be planted
The teachings were divided into 3 x sessions:
1st session: God’s pattern to disciple the nations as seen in Acts
2nd session: God’s mission for His church
3rd session: How a local church can partner with a trans-local team